PV Off-Grid Systems
What is PV off-grid system?
Solar PV modules converts the sun light into electricity that could be used to power any application.
Energy storage to use at night.
Completely Independent form the national grid.
How does it work?
The PV modules convert light into electricity.
Electricity is stored in batteries.
The loads are powered from the batteries.
Excess Energy is stored to be used at night.
- 1 PV modules: Converts sun light into DC electricity.
- 2 Mounting System: the structure on which the solar array is installed.
- 3 Charge Controller: Controls the power input from the PV modules to the batteries.
- 4 Batteries: Store the electricity generated by the PV modules for later use.
- 5 Off grid Inverter:converts DC electricity into AC electricity suitable for most commercial appliances.
- 6 Back-up Diesel Generator.
Why Off-grid system?
No fuel cost (compared to diesel generators).
No fuel transportation (compared to diesel generators).
Ideal for distant isolated locations.
Ideal for power outage times.
Independent from energy tariffs rising.
Low maintenance cost.
Long life time (20-25) years.
Doesn’t require human operator.
Flexible and Reliable meet the demand.